While any time spent with your beloved is precious, distinctive dates are especially memorable, and there are many great spots to enjoy a romantic day in Irvine, CA. Here are four unique options for celebrating Valentine’s Day, brought to you by trusted real estate agents in Irvine.
1. Tour a Chocolate Factory
Take a 45-minute circuit through the ChocXO Factory. A staff member explains the European tradition of crafting mouthwatering confections. Learn the fascinating history of chocolate, see a venerable cacao tree, and view the entire chocolate making process. Along the way, you’ll savor samples, concluding with chocolate truffles.
ChocXO takes pride in using responsibly sourced cacao beans, simple ingredients, and state-of-the-art technology. The confectioner also makes organic candies. Precise quality control ensures consistently delicious flavor. The shop sells a wide variety of goodies, including chocolate squares, caramel thins, and truffles.
9461 Irvine Center Drive
Tour Admission – $10
Store Hours – Monday-Saturday, 10am-6pm & Sunday, 12pm to 6pm
2. Pedal a Surrey Through Irvine Regional Park
Revel in a romantic ride, enchanted by serene beauty. Side-by-side, share a cozy ambiance in a surrey, a four-wheeled carriage with a canopy and bench seating. Your feet power the vehicle, navigated with a steering wheel.
Follow the paved bike trail, breezing past a pond, creek, waterfall, and lake. Sprawling oak and sycamore trees supply sun-dappled shade. Pause to check out intriguing landmarks such as the Nature Center, Monument Plaque, and statue of James Irvine II. The park teems with awesome birds, including eagles, hummingbirds, warblers, bluebirds, parrots, and ducks.
Wheel Fun Rentals
Irvine Regional Park, 1 Irvine Park Road
Hours – 10am-4pm daily
Rental Cost – $30 per hour
3. Enroll in Dance Classes
At Atomic Ballroom, choose your dance style and sign up for classes. Available dance programs are Swing and Lindy Hop, Ballroom, Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, Salsa, Country, and Wedding. As new students, you’ll each pay a $20 fee that includes a private lesson, one week of unlimited group dance classes, and one week of evening dances. Thereafter, you can opt for group, series, or private lessons.
- Group – These are drop-in sessions without the need for reservations. Classes are held daily, tailored to all skill levels, whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced.
- Series – Learn dances over the course of several weeks. Teaching is progressive. At each session, you review steps from the previous week before advancing to the next level. Each night of the week features a different dance style.
- Private – Personalized instruction by a professional dancer. Classes are available daily between 10am and midnight. The first lesson is 30 minutes, during which you tell the instructor the dance styles you wish to learn. Then, you’ll receive a package recommendation based on your skills and interests.
17961 Sky Park Circle, Suite C
Prices – Introductory Package – $20 per person, Group Classes – $16 each, Discounted Classes – $55 for five sessions or $120 for 10, Private Lessons – $20 per person
4. Take an Escape Room Adventure
At Brainy Actz, tackle a real-life mystery, following clues and riddles to solve it. Sequestered in a locked room, you have one hour to brainstorm the answer, your key to escaping. Collaborate as a couple, or invite friends and family to join. Currently, three mystery games are available:
- The Secrets of the Master – A brilliant artist has vanished from the public eye. Dubbed “The Master” due to his extraordinary talent, the stress of fame has prompted him to hide. Recently, his masterpieces have also disappeared from museums worldwide, swapped with replicas. Your mission is to find The Master and his stolen works.
- The Great Car Heist – A series of car robberies has erupted nationwide, and your vehicle is among the missing. The local mechanic Greasy Pete has a shop in town, where you suspect he’s taken your car. You’ve decided to break into the garage, hopefully finding your chassis intact, and report Pete to the police. You have one hour to enact your plan while Pete is off-premises for lunch.
- Santa’s Cabin – The Jolly Old Elf is exhausted and aims to retire. To recruit a successor, he’s compiled a list of challenges. See if you have what it takes to fill his shoes and sleigh.
To reserve a game, call or book online. One-hour slots are scheduled between 12pm and 10pm daily. If just the two of you are booking, you’ll be joined by other sleuths to form a team of 5 to 10 members.
Brainy Actz Escape Rooms
17981 Sky Park Circle, Building 39, Suite N
Cost – $30 per person
When living in Irvine, you’re sure to find romantic spots to take your significant other all year long. To find houses for sale in Irvine, it’s best to connect with a reliable local agent. Reach out to OC Residential to begin your search for your Irvine dream home. Call 717-454-6304 today.