By virtue of living in the central city of Orange County, people who buy homes in Irvine enjoy certain privileges, and one of them is living in a city where food and beverage festivals and events happen several times a year. As a multiethnic and multicultural community in California, Irvine is a culinary arts haven that also happens to be filled with people who enjoy family life and socializing. With this in mind, here are some upcoming food and drink events in Irvine that are worth checking out.
1. Cinco de Mayo
This celebration of Mexican-American culture and heritage will conveniently fall on a Friday in 2017, and thus it is expected to continue throughout the weekend. Aside from block parties and street fests, many restaurants, taverns, and cantinas across Irvine offer festive menu items, discounts, and drink specials. In recent years, some of the local Irvine spots that have been offering the best Cinco de Mayo deals include:
- Las Fajitas Grill on Barranca Parkway – This restaurant is legendary for its organic ingredients and its healthy fajita recipes.
- El Torito on MacArthur Boulevard, across from the John Wayne Airport – This restaurant is constantly packed thanks to its great prices and high-quality menu items. Some of the best deals are the sampler platters.
2. Sunset Brewery Tours
Orange County’s annual Brew Ha Ha festival does not take place until September. In the meantime, Sunset Brewery Tours fills the void for craft beer enthusiasts. The tour operators will work with beer lovers to learn their preferences, but the standard tours, which can be taken at any time, focus on the big three Irvine breweries: Bootleggers, Bottle Logic, and Noble Ale.
3. Newport Beach Spirits Tasting Event
There are plenty of wine tastings opportunities in Irvine, but nearby Newport Beach goes one step further with a spirits tasting event at the elegant Hyatt Regency on Jamboree Road, a couple of miles southwest of the UC Irvine campus. The main categories available for tasting are rum, vodka, mezcal, and scotch. Celebrity spirits connoisseur George Manska, also known as Professor Neat, will hold tasting workshops on May 13th, from 1pm to 5pm. Additional amenities include live DJs and a social media wall.
4. Irvine Korean Cultural Festival
In 2017, this annual celebration of Korean culture will take place on May 13th at the Irvine Civic Center. Aside from several cultural presentations involving dance, music, crafts, theaters, and family activities, local restaurants, delis, bakeries, cafes, and food trucks will also participate. In previous years, some of the delicacies available at the festival have included:
- Bibimbap: a mixture of rice with beef and vegetables, offered by Cafe Primo.
- Kalbi: Traditional barbecue ribs and chicken cutlets on a skewer, offered by Arirang BBQ.
- Kimchi: An extremely spicy dressing that goes with just about every Korean dish except sweet desserts. In the past, a local deli and market has given demonstrations on how to make kimchi at home.
Even if food & drink events aren’t your thing, Irvine always has something fun going on throughout the year, which is just one of the many reasons why so many people enjoy living here. If you’re looking for an amazing house for sale in Irvine, CA, get in touch with local real estate agents to see the latest listings. Call 714-454-6304 today.